Acne is a skin condition that affects many people throughout the world. This physical problem can cause many emotional scars as well. There are many products on the market today that promise to help resolve this problem, but are there any effective home remedies for acne out there? Yes there are. This is the subject of this post.
1) Why not try a honey mask? It is one of the most basic home remedies for acne out there. Honey has many antibacterial properties and it is great for healing mild skin blemishes. It is gentle on sensitive skin, so you can try applying a facial honey mask once or twice a week.
2) Sulfur-based soaps is another one of those acne home remedies that is popular. They are available over-the-counter these days. You should wash your face with it twice a day, when you get up in the morning, and just before you go to bed at night. Dont scrub your face too hard as this can product sebum, thereby increasing acne.
3) If you want to know how to get rid of acne naturally then keep your hair off your face! Hair contains tons of oil, and this will contribute to your acne problems. If you wash your hair on a regular basis it will be less oily, and this oil will not end up on your face.
4) Acne can often be a sign that something is wrong internally. A good multivitamin can provide your body with much needed nutrition. Your skin depends on nutrition, and if it does not get it, it can fight back by producing excessive sebum.
5) Chromium is well-known in the world of weight loss diets, but did you know that it is also excellent for healing skin infections? Taking a chromium supplement once a day can help to ensure that your pimples heal more quickly.
6) Carrots is one of those home remedies for pimples that many people overlook. Loaded with beta-carotene and vitamin A, they help to strengthen the protective layer of the skin. A deficiency in vitamin A can actually cause acne! Grab some carrot juice or munch on a few carrotsyour skin will love you for it.
7) If at all possible, avoid wearing makeup. This is one of those natural acne remedies that has taken the test of time. Oily makeup products help to contribute to clogged pores, and this will result in more blackheads and pimples on your skin.
8) If you have to use makeup, try a water-based product. While it can be very tempting to squeeze or pick your pimples and blackheads, should avoid the temptation. This act will increase the sebum production, leading to more acne.
9) Wash your pillow case every other day. Many people dont realize that your pillow case absorbs all the oils from your face and skin. When you take a nap or go to bed, it will reapply these oils to your face.
10) Zinc is an antibacterial agent and is required by the oil-producing glands of the skin. Foods that are rich in zinc can help prevent acne breakouts.
So in conclusion, there are a number of home remedies for acne out there. We hope that you found this post informative and helpful. All the best!